Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Basket Jacket and Color Fun

I've been having fun the past few weeks experimenting with various dying techniques and colorways for the "Dame Etta Vett Designs" hand-dyed yarns line. Here's a few of what I came up with:

The "Stella Mae Sock Weight" (superwash) yarns are:


"Bermuda"



"Hobgoblin"



I love this colorway ( still unnamed) and am currently making a scarf from it.


"True Blood"


The "Lady Sue Lace Weight" (some 100% Superwash, some with 30% Silk) are:


"Nancy"



"Sister Mary Fig"


"Aruba"


"Prairie Flowers" (l) and "Prairie Meadow" (r)


The "Lord Sully Sport Weight" yarns are cotton/rayon blend and include:


"Granny Python"



"Raj"



"Hematite"



"Penelope"

Here's one of the "Winston Lou Worsted Weight" yarns. It's 100% cotton:

"Colonel Mustard"


Also, as an update to the project that I thought would never end, I finally finished the "Basket Jacket" I was making from sock yarn - although I worked the front button panels several times before I was happy with it. I'll post more (and better) pictures of it soon...

SDOSAS!
Jer

2 comments:

  1. Jerry,

    Your yarns are just beautiful. I will look forward to seeing a project or two using them!

    It's 62F here in Lansing today, bet you aren't wearing wool as I am!!! Take care.

    LynnH

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!!
    It was so nice to meet you today! I can say that the pictures here of your "Basket Jacket" does no justice!!! I wonder if I can find some yarn for you to dye for my very own journey to a "Basket Jacket" of my own?

    ReplyDelete